Api Himal Expedition
Api Himal (7132m.) is one of the highest mountains at western region of Nepal. Api Himal lies in the most remote and beautiful landscape of Humla in the far north-western Nepal. The region is less visited by the tourist due to the fact that the place is not easily accessible. The region is famous for its virgin beauty, fascinating culture, lush vegetation, abundant wildlife and the spectacular Mountain View of the Mt. Nandadevi (7,817 meter), Thado Dhunga Tuppa (5,368m.), Rajamba (6,537m.), Kapchuli and Api Himal. Normally the main peak of the summit is ascended via its South East face. The extreme geographical condition of the region makes it one of the difficult expedition peaks in the country.
Api Himal Expedition starts only after you trek up to the Api Himal Base Camp at an altitude of (4,000m.). It takes about 20 days for you to attempt the summit during which you take days rest and construct different camps at different height for acclimatizing you. You also explore the Holy lake of Kali Dhunga which is at 2 hours walking distance from the Api Hiimal Base camp. Api Himal Expedition is gaining popularity day by day with increasing number of tourist each year. Winters in this region are callous hence summer is the best season to go for the trek of Expedition in this area.
Mount Api Himal Expedition Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (TIA). On arrival our representative will receive you and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Stay in Kathmandu for the permits and preparation for Api West expedition permit
Day 03: Preparation for Api West expedition in Kathmandu
Day 04: Drive from Kathmandu to Mahendra Nagar which takes about 18 hrs.
Day 05: Drive from Mahendra Nagar to Gokuleshwor which takes about 15 hrs.
Day 06: Drive from Gokuleshwor to Karkale (900m) which takes about 2 hrs.
Day 07: Trek from Karkale to Chiureni (1100m) walking for about 6-7hrs.
Day 08: Trek from Chiureni to Makarighat (1800m) walking for about 6-7hrs.
Day 09: Trek from Makarighat to Seti (2800m) walking for about 6-7hrs.
Day 10: Trek from Seti to Lawathi (3000m) which is the last village in the area.
Day 11: Trek from Lawathi to Simar (3300m) walking for about 5-6hrs.
Day 12: Take a day rest day at Simar for acclimatization.
Day 13: Trek from Dhawalidwar to Api Himal Base Camp (4000m) hiking for about 2hrs.
Day 14: Take a day rest at Api Himal Base Camp for acclimatization
Day 14- 35: Climbing period of Api West Expedition (7132m.)
Day 36: Trek down from Mount Api Himal Base to Simar walking for about 5hrs.
Day 37: Trek back from Simar to Lawathi walking for about 5-6hrs.
Day 38: Trek back from Lawathi to Seti walking for about 4hrs.
Day 39: Trek back from Seti to Makarighat walking for about 6-7hrs.
Day 40: Trek back from Makarighat to Chiureni walking for about 6-7hrs.
Day 41: Trek back from Chiureni to Karkale walking for about 6-7hrs.
Day 42: Trek back from Karkale to Gokuleshwor to Mahendranagar by bus which takes about 15hrs.
Day 43: Drive from Mahendranagar to Kathmandu which takes about 18hrs.
Day 44: Leisure day at Kathmandu
Day 45: Departure to your next destination
- Airport transfers (domestic and international both)
- 5 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Climbing Permit fee for Mt Annapurna I and Annapurna consrvation Area entry permit fee.
- Food & Fuel during the trek and expedition period.
- North Face or similar quality high altitude tent for higher camps
- Single tent for each member, staffs, climbing Sherpa at the base camp.
- 5/5 bottles of oxygen per member and guide with mask and regulator.
- Staff: Base camp Guide, Cook, Cook helper.
- Porters/Yaks to and from base camp.
- One high altitude Sherpa for one climber (1:1) who assist you whilst on climbing and summit attempt as well as carries food and gears to high camps.
- Government liaison officer, his insurance, daily allowance, equipment allowance and flight fares.
- Flight fare for member and staff (Jomsom - Pokhara).
- Insurance, equipment allowance, wages and daily allowance for expedition staffs.
- All camping equipments: sleeping tents, mattress, dining tent, toilet tent, mess tent, store tent, table & chairs and other necessary kitchen utensils whilst on trekking and expedition.
- Group climbing equipment such as necessary fixed rope, ice screws, ice bars etc.
• First Aid kit bag, trekking map & duffel bag.
- Solar panel at the base camp.
- Restop toilet bag.
- Satalite phone (Pay Call).
- Walkie Talkie for each staff and member.
- Mountain cans cleaning at high camps.
- Cargo transportation to supply the food and gears to Beni and back from Jomsom
- All ground transportation
- Necessary documentation and governmental official paper works.
- All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
Personal climbing gears.
- Extra hotels in Kathmandu (after 5 nights).
- Personal climbing insurance which covers travel, medical, accident, evacuation etc.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter.
- Applicable permit fees and custom charges for using communication equipment, commercial filming, satellite phone, radio etc.
- Carrying bonus + Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Bar and beverage bills..
- Custom clearances in Kathmandu International airport.
- Gratitute (tip) for the staff etc.
If above itinerary couldn’t meet your needs, we can design a tailor-made trip to suit your needs. Please let us know whether you would like to make your trip shorter or longer.