Dhampus Peak Climbing
Starting from: Kathmandu
Ending at: Pokhara
Trekking Duration: 17 days
Grade: Moderate - Difficult
Maximum Altitude: 6012m (Dhampus Peak Top)
Transportation: Flight, Car
Mode of trekking tour: Teahouse or Camping
- Dhampus Peak Climbing Overview
Dhampus Peak climbing is one of the famous trekking peak climbing in the Annapurna region in Nepal. Dhampus peak is also known as Thapa peak and located northeast of the big Dhaulagiri massif. Dhampus peak climbing offers adventurous Himalayan trekking and stunning views of Annapurna region including Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m), Mt. Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna II (7739m), Annapurna III (7555m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Annapurna south (7219m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Mt. Fishtail/Machhapuchhre (6998m), Mt. Nilgiri (7040m), Lamjung Himal (6988m), Tukuche peak (6920m) etc. and mixed culture with beautiful landscape.
Dhampus peak climbing is an easier trekking peak climbing in Nepal but physical fitness and peak climbing experience is required to summit this Dhampus peak. Since Dhampus peak has been opened for peak climbing in Nepal, our professional peak climbing guide frequently takes adventure seekers / mountaineers in summit with amazing experiences of Himalaya Trekking in Nepal.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Details information regarding about the trip for basic preparation and make a permit.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara (915m) by tourist bus or by flight.
Day 04: drive to Nayapul (1070m) trek to Tikhedhunga (1577m.)
Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani (2855m).
Day 06: Early in the morning hike to Poon Hill (3210m) for wonderful Himalayan scenery. Breakfast at Ghorepani and continue trek to Tatopani /Natural hot spring (1189m),
Day 07: Trek to Ghasa (2010m).
Day 08: Trek to Marpha (2670m).
Day 09: Trek to Yak Kharka (3680m).
Day 10: Trek to Dhampus Base Camp (5100m).
Day 11: Trek to High Camp (5600m). Our climbing guide will teach you how to fix the rope, how to belay the rope, how to ascend, how to descend etc.
Day 12: Early in the morning, our climbing guide will take for Dhampus peak (6012m) summit and back to Dhampus peak base camp.
Day 13: Trek to Yak Kharka (3680m).
Day 14: Trek to Marpha (2670m).
Day 15: Trek to Jomsom (2710m).
Day 16: Jomsom by fly back to Pokhara.
Day 17: Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus or by flight.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 night hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara (3/ 4star)
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (necessary porters) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paperwork and permits (National park permit, TIMS ) and climbing peak permit.
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
If the above itinerary couldn’t meet your needs, we can design a tailor-made trip to suit your needs. Please let us know whether you would like to make your trip shorter or longer.