Helambu Village Trek
Trip duration: 07 Days
Grade: Soft adventure trek - Grade Explanation
Activity: Trekking and Cultural Tour
Starts/ Ends in: Kathmandu
Trek type: Tea House
Accommodation: Hotel, lodge (tea house)
Transportation: private car or tourist bus
Maximum Altitude: 3870m
- Trip Overview
- Cost Info
Helambu trek that lies towards the south of Tibetan border and north to Kathmandu provides colorful and unexpected contrast of temperate forests and alpine pastures, glaciers lakes and snowy peaks between higher altitude and lower area ranging from 846m to 4610m. Helambu trek consists of pleasant forests offering stunning view of mountain ranging from 6000-7000 m along with snow melted lakes like Gosai Kunda at an elevation of 4300m.
Delightful excursion to Helambu starts from north of the Kathmandu Valley by ascending upward to Shivapuri edge where beautiful vistas of the Himalayas are noticeable. The trail move towards north to Thare Pati following Tarke Gyang and Melemchi Gaon. Helambu Valley is mostly inhabited by friendly Sherpas and Tamang. Sherpa residing in this region believes in Buddhist religion and has its own culture, dress, language, standard of living which is almost untouched by the modern world. The Helambu Circuit Trekking is most significantly popular for its ancient Buddhist monasteries and Gosaikunda, the sacred lake of Hindu religion. Beside these Helambu region also passes through many green valleys, rhododendron forests and picturesque snowy mountains. This trek trails is never overcrowded so we can enjoy greenery forests in very pleasant environment. Helambu Trek is an ideal trip for those trekker who have little time and would like to combine a cultural experience with scenery at its best.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu, you are welcomed by hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel. Our airport representative will explain briefly the program and preparation for trek.
Day 02: Drive Kathmandu to Sundarijal and trek to Chisopani (2300m).
Day 03: Chisopani to Khutumsang (2470m).
Day 04: Khutumsang to Tharepati (3490m).
Day 05: Tharepati to Tarke Gyang (2620m).
Day 06: Tarke Ghyang to Sermathang (2620m).
Day 07: Sermathang to Malemchi Pul Bazar (846m) and drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 08: Our representative will drop you to the International Airport (TIA) to assist you for your final departure to your destination or alternatively the next destination.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 night hotel in Kathmandu (3/ 4star)
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and lodging
- Sleeping bags and duffel bags
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS)
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters