Helambu Village Trek
Trip duration: 07 Days
Grade: Soft adventure trek - Grade Explanation
Activity: Trekking and Cultural Tour
Starts/ Ends in: Kathmandu
Trek type: Tea House
Accommodation: Hotel, lodge (tea house)
Transportation: private car or tourist bus
Maximum Altitude: 3870m
The Helambu trek is a perfect short trek nearby Kathmandu
Valley. Despite being so close to Kathmandu, the Helambu region remains
relatively un-spoilt. Besides the hyolmo culture of high mountain people, the
company of green rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, and
snow-capped Himalayas make the trek one of most diverse treks near Kathmandu.
The great Himalayan scenery at the border with Tibet and monasteries make a
trek to the region an enthralling experience. The people living the highlands
of the Langtang region are certainly the Nepalis, being the descendant of the
Tibetan origin, they still look like Tibetans.
The Helambu Trek begins from Sundarijal, an hour's drive from Kathmandu. After about an hour's walk, we enter Shivapuri National Park. Continuing along the Chisopani, Kutumsang, Thadepati and Sermathang, the trek ends at the Melamchi Pul Bazar in the Helambu region. The trek passes through thick mountain forests with great Himalayan views and toward the end of the trip, you will also trek through some beautiful rice terraces and a number of splendid Buddhist monasteries.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu, you are welcomed by hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel. Our airport representative will explain briefly the program and preparation for trek.
Day 02: Drive Kathmandu to Sundarijal and trek to Chisopani (2300m).
Day 03: Chisopani to Khutumsang (2470m).
Day 04: Khutumsang to Tharepati (3490m).
Day 05: Tharepati to Tarke Gyang (2620m).
Day 06: Tarke Ghyang to Sermathang (2620m).
Day 07: Sermathang to Malemchi Pul Bazar (846m) and drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 08: Our representative will drop you to the International Airport (TIA) to assist you for your final departure to your destination or alternatively the next destination.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 night hotel in Kathmandu (3/ 4star)
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and lodging
- Sleeping bags and duffel bags
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS)
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters