Island Peak Climbing
Starting from: Kathmandu/Lukla
Ending at: Lukla/Kathmandu
Climbing Duration: 16 days
Grade: Moderate - Difficult
Maximum Altitude: 6173m
Transportation: Flight, Car
Mode of trekking tour: Teahouse or Camping
- Cost Info
Island Peak Climbing is the most popular trekking peak climbing in Nepal and offers gentle climb to the 6173 meters Island Peak summit. The peak climbing in Nepal is the adventurous combined form of trekking in Nepal and mountain peak climbing in Nepal. The beautiful Island peak seems like an island in the sea of snow. So the peak is famous as Island peak. The local name of this Island peak is Imja-Tse peak.
Imja-Tse or Island peak is located in between Mount Ama Dablam and Mount Lhotse in Everest just on the top of Chhukung glacier. From the summit of the Island peak, magnificent views of some of the highest peaks in the world can be observed on the top level. Island peak is considered as technically easy trekking peak climbing in Nepal together with an exhilarating Himalaya trekking to the Mt. Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar. The Island peak climbing route is the same for Everest Base Camp trekking and only extra two days is enough for this Island peak climbing expedition.
Life Dream Adventure has successfully organized Island Peak Climbing program many times. We recommend you to climb this Island peak route in spring and autumn season. No previous peak climbing experience is required to summit this Island peak. One with physically and mentally fit with well acclimatized person is qualified to make an ascent over this Island Peak.
Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 02:Fly to Lukla & trek to Phakding [2652m]
Day 03:Trek to Namche [3450m]
Day 04:Rest day in Namche
Day 05:Trek to Tengboche [3867m]
Day 06: Trek to Pheriche [4252m]
Day 07: Trek to Lobuche [4930m]
Day 08: Trek to Gorak Shep [5184m]
Day 09: Trek to Everest Base Camp [5357m]
Day 10: Trek to Dingboche [4350m]
Day 11: Trek to Chukhung [4750m]
Day 12: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp [5150m]
Day 13: Trek to High Camp
Day 14: Ascent of Island Peak [6173m]
Day 15: Spare day
Day 16: Trek to Pangboche [3950m]
Day 17: Trek to Namche [3450m]
Day 18:Trek to Lukla [2800m]
Day 19:Fly to Kathmandu
Day 20:Sightseeing of the Kathmandu valley and farewell dinner in the evening
Note: The proposed itinerary is a standard pattern for guideline. You can modify this climbing/expedition itinerary according to your time and requirements. The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client.
Price for the Island Peak Climbing trip will be provided after your requirements. The trip cost/price depends upon the following facts.
- Size of climbing group (number of climbing member)
- The service you want to use - Full Board Service or Base Camp service
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Mode of transportation
- Number of climbing crew (staffs) you want
- Climbing Service above the Base Camp
- All airport pick-up and drop-off service including domestic and international flights
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu for 4 nights on B/B basis
- One day sightseeing of the Kathmandu city with English speaking tour guide
- Trekking guides for the trip
- Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during climbing
- Necessary porters for trekking/climbing (A porter carries 25-30 Kg)
- Kathmandu – Lukla round flight tickets to all climbing team (climbing members and staffs)
- Trekking and camping equipments such as camping tents, mattress, sleeping bags, down jackets.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and available accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during the trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Trekking Permit fee
- TIMS card fee (Trekkers Information Management System)
- Peak Climbing permit
- All necessary paperworks, office Service charge and Government taxes levied in Nepal
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs
- First Aid medical kit
- Satellite phone carrying by the Guide for communication (available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call)
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at Base Camp and above as required
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu before departure
- Company service charges
- Garbage deposit & other Government Taxes
- International Flight Tickets
- Meal in Kathmandu (Lunch and Dinner, except farewell dinner)
- Personal nature expenses such as energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates etc.
- Services such as Laundry expenses, hot water etc.
- Expenses of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones and Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services, products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with another member) if applicable.
- Walkie talkie & Filming permit.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other services not included in "Cost Includes" section
If the above itinerary couldn’t meet your needs, we can design a tailor-made trip to suit your needs. Please let us know whether you would like to make your trip shorter or longer.
Best Service for Island Peak Climbing
I would like to highly recommend Life Dream Adventure to anyone who wants to book a trek or peak climb and be assured of fantastic service. I have recently returned from summiting Island peak climbing organised Hari Bhatta and team. I have no complaints only great praise.
After receiving a reply to my original enquiry quicker than any other company, I felt I could trust Hari Bhatta after reading the Tripadvisor reivews.
All the support staff were amazing, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and professional. Indra the chef worked hard to give us great variety so the food never became boring, Mingma the sirdar kept us informed and briefed on itineraries so I was comfortable on what we were doing at all times. The Sherpa's were the hero's especially Mingmar who guided me to the summit, giving me space to be independent but always closely for encouragement and support.
Thank you for such a great support.
successful Island Peak Climbing
The trekking was perfect with good guide and porter of Life Dream Adventure. I can just propose for everyone who wants to find the peace in the soul and at the mean time to find some good adventures. My guide Pemba Sherpa was a very kind person. He speaks very well English, young, strong and already has all the knowledge which is necessary to achieve your goals. I would like to say many thanks for Life Dream Adventure for this wonderful trip, and looking forward for the next year journey!