Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek
Trip duration: 20 Days (18 Days trekking)
Activity: Trekking and Cultural Tour
Start and End: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
Trek type: Tea House
Accommodation: Hotel, lodge (tea house)
Transportation: Flights, private car or tourist bus
Maximum Altitude: 5545m
Minimum Altitude: 2840m
Jiri - Everest Base Camp Trek Overview
Jiri Everest Base Camp trek is the most classic trek that passes through the spectacular scenery of the landscape and the beautiful Himalayan range. Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek is the oldest trekking trail that was followed by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa to successfully summit the highest peak of world, Mount Everest in 1953. Everest Base Camp trek via Jiri was the only trekking trail that lead to Everest Base Camp until direct flight to Lukla was built.
Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek starts from the place known as Jiri which lies at the elevation of 1905m. This trekking trail consists of two region, the lower Solu region and upper Khumbhu Region. Thr route for Everest Base Camp Trek via Jiri follows east direction that passes through lovely forested hills of Solu to the Lamajura Pass at an elevation of 3530m. We cross the Lamjura La, Thaksindo then descend downward on the bank of the Dudh Koshi River and follow northwards through terraced to join the main trail to Everest. We then follow the trail towards the Namche Bazzar, the main market in Kumbhu Region. The Khumbu region is bounded by Sagarmatha National Park. Sagarmatha National Park has been list as the world heritage site as we can find different varities of flora and fauna inside the park. The great mountain country, beautiful villages, rivers and streams, less crowded trail, Buddhist monasteries, more of the gorgeous Sherpa and other ethnic villages representing simple yet rich mountain lifestyles and walking on this trail proves to be quite an intense experience.
Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu, you are welcomed by hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel. Our airport representative will explain briefly the program and preparation for trek.
Day 2: Kathmandu: Half day sightseeing tour and trek preparation
Day 3: Drive Kathmandu to Jiri (1300m): 7-8 hrs
Day 4: Jiri trek to Bhandar (2220m/7220ft): 8 hrs
Day 5: Bhandar to Sete (2575m/8450ft): 7-8 hrs
Day 6: Sete to Junbesi (2670m/8760ft): 7-8 hrs
Day 7: Junbesi trek to Nunthala (2220m/7280 ft): 7-8 hrs
Day 8: Nunthala to Bupsa (2360m/7,740ft): 6-7 hrs
Day 9: Bupsa to Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft): 7-8 hrs
Day 10: Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,284ft): 5-6 hrs
Day 11: Rest Day
Day 12: Namche Bazzar to Tengboche (3,870m/12,694ft): 5 to 6 hrs
Day 13: Tengboche to Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300 ft): 5 to 6 hrs
Day 14: Dingboche - Duglha (4,600 m/15,090 ft): 3 to 4 hrs
Day 15: Duglha – Lobuche (4940 m/16,207 ft): 2 - 4 hrs
Day 16: Lobuche - Gorak Shep (5170 m/16,961ft) - Everest Base Camp (5364 m/17,594 ft)- Gorak Shep: 7-8 hrs
Day 17: Gorak Shep - Kala Patthar (5545 m/18,192 ft) - Pheriche (4280 m/14,070 ft): 7-8 hrs
Day 18: Pheriche - Pangboche - Tengboche - Namche Bazzar: 5-6 hrs
Day 19: Namche Bazaar - Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft): 7 hrs
Day 20: Fly Back Lukla - Kathmandu relaxing day or you can go for shopping.
Day 21: Our representative will drop you to the International Airport (TIA) to assist you for your final departure to your destination or alternatively the next destination.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 nights Hotel in Kathmandu 3star categories
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide.
- Domestic flights Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu and airport departure taxes
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader or guide and Sherpa porters to carry including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper work TIMS card and trekking permits
- Sleeping bags and duffel bags for trekking
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring small denomination USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Rescue insurance
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing entrance fees
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters