Kailash - Mansarovar Lake Tour
Kailash Manasarovar Lake Tour is the popular holy pilgrimage tour in Tibet. You will visit the holy Lake Manasarovar and Mount Kailash during this tour.
Mt. Kailash and Manasarovar Lake are the holy place for Hindus, Jain, Tibetan Buddhist and Bon followers. They perform the circular walk around the mountain which is called Parikrama or Kora. They believed by doing Kora will erase their all sins in life.
Hindu worship the Mt. Kailash as the abode of the Lord Shiva. The Manasarovar Lake tour is also equally important for the adventure seekers in Tibet. The tour starts with easy sightseeing around the Lhasa city and you will be driving towards the destination at Mt. Kailash that is situated to the western part of Tibet. Kailash Manasarovar Lake tour offers deep spiritual memory in your life.
You will conclude the holy Kailash Manasarovar tour in Kathmandu crossing the Friendship Bridge at the border of Nepal and China near Kodari. Enjoy a day easy Kathmandu sightseeing tour finally before your departure.
Day 01: Arrival day in Lhasa. Pick up at airport/train station and transfer to the hotel for rest and overnight in Lhasa.
Day 02: Lhasa sightseeing day. Visit and explore Potala Palace and Drepung Monastery. Overnight hotel.
Day 03: Lhasa sightseeing day. Visit and explore Jokhang temple, Sera Monastery. Stroll around the famous Barkhor Street market in the evening. Overnight hotel.
Day 04: Drive Lhasa – Gyantse (261 km). Along the way you will pass Khamba La Pass and Yamdrok Lake (3950m). Short visit to Gyantse Kumbum then drive on to Shigatse. Hotel transfer and overnight at Shigatse.
Day 05: Visit Tashilunpo Monastery in Shigatse, then drive to Saga
Day 06: Drive Saga to Paryang
Day 07: Paryang – Manasarovar, camp overnight near the lake
Day 08: Drive to Tarchen (Base Camp of Mt. Kailash)
Day 09: Trek to Diraphuk about 22 km
Day 10: Trek to Zuthulphuk about 20 km
Day 11: Trek about only 6 km down to the point where our land cruisers will be waiting for us then drive to Tarchen
Day 13: Drive Saga to Zhangmu
Day 14: Drive Zhangmu to Kathmandu
Day 15: Kathmandu Sightseeing day
Day 16: Departure day in Kathmandu
- Private vehicle for airport transfer and drive in Nepal as per above itinerary
- Nice hotel accommodation with BB plan
- Teahouse or camp accommodation with full meal service during the tour
- Transfer in Tibet (Kailash) by land cruiser with a support truck
- Sherpa team with all camping equipment like Two-man tents, dining tent, kitchen tents toilet tent - Mattresses, sleeping bag, tables & stools, complete kitchen equipment & food supplies
- Daily fresh cooked meal (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trip.
- Porters/Yaks during Parikrama to carry luggage and equipment only
- Kailash permits, entrance fees in the monasteries, all sightseeing as per program
- A local English speaking Tibetan guide for Kailash Yatra
- Oxygen bottles or Gamow Bag
- Medical kit
- All service taxes
- Sightseeing cost in Kathmandu
- Your international home airfare
- Nepal tourist visa fee
- China/Tibet visa fees
- Nepal re-entry visa (except for Indian Passport holders)
- Travel insurance and rescue
- Extra hotel accommodation in any case
- Lunch and dinner
- Your personal expenses like bar, beverage, phone, laundry, mineral water etc.
- Photographic charges in the monasteries
- Tipping to drivers/Sherpa/guides
- Any costs arise or shortened itinerary due to landslides, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs, whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.