Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
13 Days Jeep Safari Package
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is most popular jeep safari package to visit the holy places in Tibet. It takes about two weeks to travel from Kathmandu and back to Kathmandu. Overland journey to Mt. Kailash – Manasarovar Lake is most liked by Nepalese, Indian and Tibetan people. As per Hindu mysticism, Lake Manasarovar is a personification of purity, and one who drinks water from the lake will go to the Abode of Lord Shiva after death.
Mount Kailash and Holy Lake Manasarovar are the two major religious places for Hindus. The beautiful places in the Himalaya are the attraction for every traveler. It is believed that the God Shiva (Mahadev or Kailashpati) live in the Mount Kailash Himalayan range. So, every Hindu people dream to visit these pilgrims.
Besides the religious value, Mt. Kailash 6,638 m (21,778 ft.) is also very famous for its natural beauty and the Lake Manasarovar is the large mountain lake with the area of 320 square Kilometers. Being spread in the large terrain of Tibetan plateau, this is a challenging place to go so many adventure seekers. This trek includes lots of driving and hiking. Our 12 nights/13 days Mount Kailash Manasarovar Lake tour is best for religious journey which offers great adventure for lifetime.
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival day
Arrival day at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu. Our office representative will be waiting for you. Transfer to the hotel in Kathmandu and short tour briefing. Rest and overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing tour day
Kathmandu city sightseeing tour and necessary tour preparation. Visit some of the historical places in Kathmandu such as Pashupati Nath temple, Swoyambhu Nath Stupa etc.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Nyalam (3750m): (150 Km drive)
After breakfast, you will drive from Kathmandu to Nyalam. Lunch at border (Nepal side) and after immigration and custom formalities - we proceed to Zhangmu (border Tibet side), here you meet our Chinese guide, drivers and vehicles. Drive from Zhangmu to Nyalam, dinner and overnight at lodge in Nyalam
Day 04: Nyalam - Free day for acclimatization.
Visit the Nyalam and stay for the acclimatization, all meals will be provided - overnight at lodge
Day 05: Nyalam - Saga
After breakfast we drive Saga, en-route you will be passing through Lalung la pass (16000ft) - huge lake Paigu-Tso & Brahmaputra River
Day 06: Saga - Manasarovar (4558 m): (450 km)
Today is the day for the lifetime that you are going to have Darshan of the Holy "Mt. Kailash & Lake Manasarovar" - day's program as usual, after breakfast at around 8 am, you will drive through Mayumu - la pass ( 17000ft ). - The highest point of the driving, lunch on the way, dinner and overnight at Camp Hor Quo.
Day 07: Manasarovar Parikrama – Darchen
Till 2 pm free for puja and hawan, drive to Darchen via Manasarovar Parikrama, overnight at Darchen lodge (3- 4 pax .dormitory accommodation).
Day 08: Darchen – Tarboche – Diraphuk (4860 m)
"Tough day” - after breakfast drive to Tarboche (8 km) and start trek for Kailash Parikrama to Diraphuk (16,500 ft.) - 12 km, light lunch on the way, Dinner overnight at Camp .
Day 09: Diraphuk – Zuthulphuk (4760 m).
Dolma-la pass (5200 m). This is the day every pilgrims talk about, the most difficult journey throughout the Yatra - trek up to the 18,600ft. (Dolma- la Pass) - descend to Gauri kund and further trek along with the river to Zuthulphuk, dinner & overnight at Camp
Day 10: Zuthulphuk- Darchen – Manasarovar
After breakfast you trek around 6 km, and you will be reaching to the point where the jeeps will be waiting for us - drive to Darchen, after lunch you will drive to Lake Manasarovar (Hor Quo side) 70 km, overnight at Camp.
Day 11: Manasarovar to Saga
You are returning home - leaving this holy place, after breakfast drive up to Dongba, lunch en-route, dinner & overnight stay at Saga.
Day 12: Drive to Zhangmu – Kathmandu.
After breakfast drive to Zhangmu, after the immigration and custom formalities – cross over to Nepal border, lunch at border side restaurants and drive to Kathmandu (144 km). Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 13: Kathmandu Departure Day
You will be transferred to the airport for departure or you can join in other adventure holidays in Nepal.
- Private vehicle for airport transfer and drive in Nepal as per above itinerary
- Nice hotel accommodation with BB plan
- Teahouse or camp accommodation with full meal service during the tour
- Transfer in Tibet (Kailash) by land cruiser with a support truck
- Sherpa team with all camping equipment like Two-man tents, dining tent, kitchen tents toilet tent - Mattresses, sleeping bag, tables & stools, complete kitchen equipment & food supplies
- Daily fresh cooked meal (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trip.
- Porters/Yaks during Parikrama to carry luggage and equipment only
- Kailash permits, entrance fees in the monasteries, all sightseeing as per program
- A local English speaking Tibetan guide for Kailash Yatra
- Oxygen bottles or Gamow Bag
- Medical kit
- All service taxes
- Sightseeing cost in Kathmandu
- Your international home airfare
- Nepal tourist visa fee
- China/Tibet visa fees
- Nepal re-entry visa (except for Indian Passport holders)
- Travel insurance and rescue
- Extra hotel accommodation in any case
- Lunch and dinner
- Your personal expenses like bar, beverage, phone, laundry, mineral water etc.
- Photographic charges in the monasteries
- Tipping to drivers/Sherpa/guides
- Any costs arise or shortened itinerary due to landslides, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs, whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.