Lobuche Peak climbing
Starting from: Kathmandu/Lukla
Ending at: Lukla/Kathmandu
Trekking Duration: 20 days
Grade: Moderate - Difficult
Maximum Altitude: 6119m
Transportation: Flight, Car
Mode of trekking tour: Teahouse or Camping
Lobuche Peak Climbing - Overview
Lobuche Peak Climbing is one of the popular and challenging trekking peaks climbing in the Everest region in Nepal. Lobuche peak is an attractive summit and offers various routes for peak climbing. The normal route to Lobuche peak climbing is through South Ridge. Lobuche east peak consists of several small summits and the true summit requires climbing steep snow and ice slopes to the top of the summit ridge.
We follow Everest base camp trekking route up to Pheriche and then trek to Dughla. Lobuche peak base camp will be set up at 4,950m near a lake in a rocky hollow at the base of the glaciated South-West face. The views of Ama Dablam, Cholaste, Thamserku, Kantega peak and Tawache peak are excellent from here. We climb steep stone terraces and snow slopes just below the main glaciers on the South-West Face of Lobuche East Peak. We climb steep snow and ice slopes using fixed ropes and get access to the ridge overlooking Lobuche and the Khumbu Glacier where we fix the high camp.
We follow the sharp snow ridge to the summit ridge. Then we follow the route to north-west towards the main summit passing several small snow bumps and reach a notch. Then we further climb steep and quite difficult snow slopes to the true summit. The Lobuche peak can be climbed from East Face by climbing a dark pyramid of shabby rock and join the South Ridge to get to the summit.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu, you are welcomed by the hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel. Our airport representative will explain briefly the program.
Day 02: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to you for historical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Bhaktapur, Pashupati Nath, Boudha Nath, Kathmandu Durbar square & Swoyambhu Nath (monkey temple)
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2800m) and trek to Phakding (2640m).
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m).
Day 05: Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day.
Day 06: Trek to Khumjung (3790m).
Day 07: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3867m).
Day 08: Trek to Dingboche (4347m).
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4900m).
Day 10: Lobuche, rest day for acclimatization.
Day 11: High Camp (5357m).
Day 12: Climbing Period Mt. Lobuche East.
Day 13-16: Trek to Lobuche.
Day 17: Trek to Dingboche.
Day 18: Trek to Phortse village.
Day 19: Phortse village trek to Phakding.
Day 20: Phakding trek to Lukla.
Day 21: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 night hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara (3/ 4star)
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (necessary porters) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paperwork and permits (National park permit, TIMS ) and climbing peak permit.
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
If the above itinerary couldn’t meet your needs, we can design a tailor-made trip to suit your needs. Please let us know whether you would like to make your trip shorter or longer.