Lobuche Peak climbing
Lobuche East Peak Climbing is one of the popular and challenging trekking peaks in Everest region. Lobuche peak is an attractive summit and offers various routes for climbing. The normal route for climbing is through South Ridge. Lobuche east peak consists of several small summits and the true summit requires climbing steep snow and ice slopes to the top from the summit ridge.
We follow Everest base camp Trekking, route up to Pheriche and then trek to Dughla. Lobuche peak base camp will be set up at 4,950m. near a lake in a rocky hollow at the base of the glaciated South-West Face. The views of Amadablam, Cholaste, Thamserku, Kantega peak and Tawache peak are excellent from here. We climb steep stone terraces and snow slopes just below the main glaciers on the South-West Face of Lobuche East. We climb steep snow and ice slopes using fix ropes and get access to the ridge overlooking Lobuche and the Khumbu Glacier where we fix the high camp.
We follow the sharp snow ridge to the summit ridge. Then we follow the route to north-west towards the main summit passing several small snow bumps and reach a notch. Then we further climb steep and quite difficult snow slopes to the true summit. The peak can be climbed from East Face by climbing a dark pyramid of shabby rock and join the South Ridge to get to the summit.
Starting from: Kathmandu/Lukla
Ending at: Lukla/Kathmndu
Trekking Duration: 20
Maximum Altitude: 6119m
Transportation: Flight, Car
Mode of trekking tour: Teahouse or Camping
Lobuche East Peak Climbing Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu, you are welcomed by hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel. Our airport representative will explain briefly the program.
Day 02: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to you for historical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Bhkatapur, pasupatinath, Boudhhanath, Kathmandu durbar square & Swaymbhunath(monkey temple)
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2800m) and trek to Phakding (2640m).
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m).
Day 05: Namche Bazzar Acclimatization day.
Day 06: Trek to Khumjung (3790m).
Day 07: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3867m).
Day 08: Trek to Dingboche (4347m).
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4900m).
Day 10: Lobuche, rest day for acclimatization.
Day 11: High Camp (5357m).
Day 12: Climbing Period Mt. Lobuche East.
Day 13-16: Trek to Lobuche..
Day 17: Trek to Dingboche.
Day 18: Trek to Phortse village.
Day 19: Phortse village trek to Phakding.
Day 20: Phakding trek to Lukla..
Day 21: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 night hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara (3/ 4star)
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (necessary porters) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS ) and climbing peak permit.
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
If above itinerary couldn’t meet your needs, we can design a tailor-made trip to suit your needs. Please let us know whether you would like to make your trip shorter or longer.
We’d like to suggest you the following packages are extend your vacation before or after main trip.2 Nights 3 Days Chitwan Jungle Safari
- Trisuli River Rafting
- Mount Everest Experience Flight (Mountain flight)