Mt. Manaslu Expedition (8162m.)
Name of the Peak: Mount Manaslu
Trip Duration: 52 Days
Grade: Challenging Grade
Starts and Ends in: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
Climbing, Activity: Trekking and Cultural Tour
Accommodation: Hotel, lodge (tea house) and Camping
Transportation: Flights, private car or tourist bus
Trek type: Tea House
Maximum Altitude: 8162 m
Season: Spring and autumn
Group Size: Min – 2
Manasalu Peak Expedition (Climbing) in Nepal
Mount Manaslu Expedition (8162m.) is the 8th highest mountain climbing in the world. The mountain is popularly known as Kutang among the locals. Manaslu means "Mountain of the Spirit" and it comes from the Sanskrit word Manasa, meaning "intellect" or "soul". Situated in the Midwest of Nepal, mount Manaslu is one of the beautiful peaks and least climbed mountain in Nepal.
Mt. Manaslu is a serrated wall of snow and ice hanging in the sky which is the permanent source of water on cultivated lands of western mid hills. The isolated area of this mountain was only noticed in 1952 after capturing the photograph of Manaslu by the British Expedition team. The very first climbing of this peak was in 1956 by Japanese mountaineering team after a few attempts of climbing.
Manaslu is considered as easy mountain climbing peak but it is of high risk to climb. It is the 4th dangerous 8000m. Peaks after Annapurna, Nanga Parbat and K2. If we look behind the history, the death rate of climbers is very high. As of May 2008, there have been 297 ascents of Manaslu and 53 deaths on the mountain during the Mount Manasalu Expedition. Technically the climbing is similar to Mt Cho Oyu Expedition but with a considerably higher objective danger of avalanches, Manaslu is taken as a dangerous mountain to climb. It is a perfect peak to gain invaluable 8000m experience before attempting highly Technical Mountain like Annapurna, high 8000m mountain or Everest. Spring is the best season to scale the mountain and Manaslu Expedition. At this time there is less chance of hazardous from aspects of bad weather, snowfall and avalanches. Manaslu Expedition in autumn season is possible but it is considered as more challenging than in spring season.
Autumn (Sept to Dec) and Spring (March - May) are the best time for Manaslu climbing in Nepal. The climbing ratio is high in autumn in compare to spring for Manaslu expeditions.
Date & Price
|Departure Date||Avalability||Duration||Cost/Person||Trip Name||Join Group|
|September 1||Guaranteed||52 days||US$ 15,000.00||Manaslu Expedition|
Mt. Manaslu Expedition Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel, Sightseeing of Kathmandu valley. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Full day preparation for expedition departure, briefing from the climbing guide about the mountaineering, last minute shopping and formalities.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Aarughat Bazaar (950m) of Gorkha district, takes about 6 hours, overnight at camp.
Day 04: Trek from Aarughat Bazaar to Khanchok (950m) takes about 5 hours and overnight at camp.
Day 05: Trek from Khanchok to Sotikhola (1165m) takes about 5 -6 hours; overnight at camp in Soti Khola.
Day 06: Trek from Sotikhola to Machhakhola (1330m) which takes about 6hours; overnight at camp.
Day 07: Trek from Machhakhola to Jagat (1350m); takes about 6 hours and overnight camping.
Day 08: Trek from Jagat to Ngyak (2300m) which takes about 6 hours; overnight camping there.
Day 09: Trek from Ngyak to Namrung (2550m) takes about 5 hours and overnight stay in camp.
Day 10: Trek from Namrung to Syalla village (3150m) which takes about 5 hours and overnight in camp.
Day 11: Trek from Syalla Village to Sama Gaun (3780m) which takes about 7 hours and overnight in camp.
Day 12: Full day rest for acclimatization at Sama Village, overnight at camp there.
Day 13: Trek from Sama Village to Manaslu Base Camp (4700m) which takes about 6 hours. Overnight in the camp.
Day 14-42: Climbing period; summit Manaslu (8163m), and ascend down to high camp, stay in camp.
Day 43: Preparation to return back to Kathmandu and Clean the Manaslu Base Camp.
Day 44: Trek back to Sama village (3780m) from Manaslu BC. It takes about 5 hours.
Day 45: Trek from Sama village to Namrung (2550m) about 5 hours.
Day 46: Trek from Namrung to Philim village (2300m), takes about 4 hours.
Day 47: Trek from Philim Village to Machakhola (1330m), takes about 4 hours.
Day 48: Trek from Machakhola, to Soti Khola (1165m), takes about 5 hours.
Day 49: Trek from Soti Khola to Aarughat Bazaar, takes about 5 hours.
Day 50: Drive from Aarughat to Kathmandu by tourist mini bus; takes about 6 hours and overnight stay in hotel.
Day 51: Full day Sightseeing of Kathmandu valley including Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swoyambhu Nath, Boudha Nath & Pashupati Nath; leisure and shopping. Farewell dinner in the evening in Nepali restaurant.
Day 52: Final departure to your destination. If you have time, you can extend your trip by joining a jungle safari tour, mountain flight, rafting and other tour as your interest.
- Airport pick up and drop and all ground transportation
- 4 Nights’ accommodations at 4 Star hotels in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- Sightseeing of Kathmandu with English speaking guide
- Climbing guide, porters and other support staffs
- All trekking and camping equipment like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during this trip
- All Accommodation during the trip
- Per person 50kgs baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 40kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the Mt. Everest.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card
- Mt Manaslu expedition royalty and permit according to the Nepal Government
- One experienced and trained Government License holder climbing guide with more than 03 times Everest summit
- All staff wages, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by the Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of guest with appropriate charge
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the base camp
- Solar panel for light and battery charger
- All tents for camp 1, 2 and 3. Ice fall charges and Gamow Bags
- We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance
- High altitude food for member and Sherpa including drinks and cooking crew
- Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with Nepalese culture show in Kathmandu before departure
- Gift and souvenir from Life Dream Adventure
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Extra food and drinks not included in the cost include section
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Your travel & medical insurance
- Expenses incurred towards the usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
- Transportation is not on a disposal basis. It is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra
- Any additional staff other than specified
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue
- Walkie-talkies & Filming permit (if special camera)
- Personal climbing gears
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” SECTION
- Airfare of international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary