Mera Peak - Amphu Lapcha Pass Trek
Trip duration: 22 Days
Starts/ Ends in: Kathmandu
Trek type: Camping
Cost: USD 3700.00
Transportation: Flights, private car or tourist bus
Maximum Altitude: 5800m
This Mera - Amphu Lapcha pass trek is 23 days trekking package full of excitement and adventure. It starts at Lukla after your arrival in Lukla Airport from Kathmandu. It passes through the remote trekking trail to our first destination – Mera Base Camp from where you will observe Mera Peak (6,476 m /21,247 ft) very close to your eye. CrossingAmphu Lapcha Pass (5,800m/19,029ft) the trail follows the looping route to end at Lukla. Mera Peak is the highest trekking peak in Nepal and situated in the Himalayan region. Mera Peak is becoming more popular among the trekkers.
The Amphu Lapcha Pas is regarded as one of the most challenging and technical high passes in Nepal. So, physical fitness and passion to adventures will be very beneficial for the trek. You will observe five of the world’s 8000 m peaks such as Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Cho Oyu and Mt. Everest. Crossing uninhabited Hinku valley and holy lakes Panch Pokhari the trail connects the Khumbu region at Chhukung. Everest Base Camp (5364m) and Kalapathar (5545m) will add the thrilling adventure. You will descend through different Sherpa villages like Dingboche, Pangboche, Tengboche, Pheriche to Namche. The trek also offers great opportunity to explore and enjoy traditions, culture and local lifestyle of the Sherpas. It will be a cultural trekking too.
Trekking Group Size
Trekking Group is termed for the group of people with every individuals who go for a trip. A minimum of 2 people and maximum number of 12 is highly recommended as the size of the group. This planning ensures complete safety of the trekkers and convenience as well. However, with conditions applied, the group size can be customized as per the request of our clients.
[Note: Crew members are not counted within the trekking group size. This exclusive group of crews include one leader, assistant leaders and porters. One assistant leader for every 4 trekkers and one porter for every 2 trekkers]
Meals and Accommodation
During your stay in Kathmandu city, at the initial and the final stages of the trip, you will be residing at a 4 star hotel. The meal facilities in our Cost Includessection takes account of only breakfast facilities at this particular hotel. During the trek, breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served including varieties of snacks, cold drinks, and hot chocolate especially during the mountain part.
As mentioned above, accommodation will be facilitated at a 4 star hotel in Kathmandu. Whereas, during the trek, you will be staying at standard teahouses, lodges and camps, on twin sharing basis, that is determined by the viability of accommodation facilities at overnight stops.
As a general idea, health condition in a good state is highly recommended for any kind of tour. As, Mera – Amphu Lapcha Pass Trek is categorized under Challenging Level, one should have the ability to walk for at least 5 – 6 hours a day, and 8 – 9 hours in some of the days. The highest altitude that we climb in this particular trek is 5,800m/19,028ft. Trekking in higher altitudes requires more physical effort. If you have any kind of medical condition, we urge you to receive a counsel from medical experts and formally inform us before applying for this trip.
Previous trekking experience is further admired. Even if you do not possess any, our crew members will always be there to guide for your safety concerns. We believe that you are strengthened with a positive attitude and a strong determination towards this trip.
Taking every aspects in consideration, we have come up with a squad of perfectly skilled crew members who have been recruited especially for their respective fields. You will be guided by fluently English speaking professional experts and team leaders who have gone through all possible circumstances that might occur ruining your trekking experience. Boosted with knowledge of ecology, geography, wild lives, flora and fauna, culture and history, you will be directed with maximum possible efficiency.
We wish you a happy, convenient and safe journey!
The Best Season to go for Mera – Amphu Lapcha Pass Trek is between October and May. This particular timespan provides you an efficient trekking experience with provisions of remarkable views of the environment around.
This part is analytically the most important of all. It is a must to gain knowledge about equipment required for a well-planned trekking tour. These gears not only adds convenience to your trip but, also, is totally responsible for its completion. We have formulated a clean list of equipment required for trekking in Nepal.
We, personally, do not sell any kind of insurances to our clients. We are, however, concerned about your safety as much as you do. Therefore, we advise you to plan a travel insurance policy before going for any of our trips. Unfortunate events such as sickness, medical issues, injuries or any kinds of accidents are possible measures that can ruin your trip or can even add threats to your life.
We can suggest some of the reputed insurance companies that can come in handy to you. You better be careful while you choose a company and select insurance plans that includes emergency air ambulance rescue service, medical expenses and compensation for trip cancellation, as we do not provide any kind of refunds. Please, formally, provide us a copy of your insurance plans before going for the trip.
[Note: We won’t be liable for any kind of the mentioned life-threatening accidents under any circumstances]
Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu International airport, transfer to a hotel.
Day 02:Arrangement about trekking permit and Peak climbing permit and check the necessary equipment for the trip.
Day 03:Morning fly to Lukla (2840m) and preparation for the trek.
Day 04:Trek from Lukla to Chutanga (3050m) 5/6 hrs.
Day 05:Trek from Chutanga to Tuli Kharka (4320m) 6/7 hrs
Day 06:Trek from Tuli Kharka to Tashing Dingma (3650m) 6/7 hrs
Day 07:Trek from Tashing Dingma to Kothe (4095m) 6/7 hrs
Day 08:Trek from Kothe to Thangnak/Tangnag (4350m) 5/6 hrs
Day 09:Rest day for acclimatization.
Day 10:Trek from Tangnag to Khare (5100m) 6/7hrs
Day 11:Trek from Khare to Mera la Pass (5415m) and camp 6/7hrs
Day 12:Trek from Mera la pass to Hinku/Honku Valley (5220m) 6/7hrs
Day 13:Trek from Honku Valley to Panch Pokhari (4500m) 6/7hrs
Day 14: Trek from Panch Pokhari to Amphu Lapcha (South) Base Camp (5200m) 6/7hrs
Day 15: Trek from Amphu Lapcha pass (5800m) to Chhukung (4730m).
Day 16: Trek from Chhukung to Lobuche (4910m).6/7hrs
Day 17: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (5364m), return trek to Gorakshep (5140m) 6/7hrs
Day 18: Trek from Gorakshep to Kalapaththar (5545m) and return trek to Pheriche (4238m) 6/7hrs
Day 19: Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3446m).
Day 20: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2840m).
Day 21:Early morning fly back to Kathmandu (35 minutes), transfer hotel.
Day 22: Our representative will drop you to the International Airport (TIA) to assist you for your final departure to your destination or alternatively the next destination.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in 3star category hotel in Kathmandu with BB plan
- Teahouse and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and Mera Peak climbing permit
- Four seasonal sleeping bag and Life Dream Adventure trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (sleeping bag and Duffel bags are to be returned after trip completion)
- Group mountaineering climbing and camping equipments-very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware or similar kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, and kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
Cost Not Included
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal climbing equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters