Pumori Expedition (7169m)
Name of the Peak: Mount Pumori
Trip Duration: 37 Days
Grade: Challenging Grade
Starts and Ends in: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
Climbing, Activity: Trekking and Cultural Tour
Accommodation: Hotel, lodge (tea house) and Camping
Transportation: Flights, private car or tourist bus
Trek type: Tea House
Maximum Altitude: 7169m
Season: Spring and autumn
Group Size: Min – 2
Pumori (7169m) Expedition is not of high technical difficulty to climb and well known climb over the stunning peak lies in the Upper Khumbu region. Towering on the Nepal-Tibet Border, this Pumori Peak is well known for its scenery. Pyramid shaped mount Pumori is a fantastic mountaineering objective. Pumori expedition is a popular mountain expedition above 7000 meters.
Pumori expedition climbing follows the southeast buttress in its lower reaches before traversing open snow-slopes to get to a col to the East Ridge. All that remains will be to climb steep slopes to the summit above. The route is mixed and varied and the Pumori mountain climbing is not of high technical difficulty.
During the Pumori climbing period, we'll establish at least three camps above the base camp. Mount Pumori is helpful for those climbers planning to climb above the 8000 meter peak in future. The Pumori expedition demands strong and experienced climbers and want to gain experience for future climbing.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel, overnight at hotel.
Day 02-04: Stay in Kathmandu for the official procedure, overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Fly to Lukla and start trek to Phakding, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 06: Trek to Namche Bazaar, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 07: Rest at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 08: Trek to Pangboche, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 09: Trek to Dingboche, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 11: Trek to Pumori Base Camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 12-31: Climbing Period.
Day 32: Trek to Pangboche, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 33: Trek to Namche Bazaar, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 34: Trek to Lukla, overnight at guesthouse.
Day 35: Fly back to Katmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 36: Leisure day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 37: Transfer to airport, departure on your own destination.
- Airport transfers (domestic and international both)
- Press conference arrangement
- 5 nights hotel accommodation at Hotel Yak and Yeti or similar with breakfast
- Climbing Permit fee for Mt. Pumori and Sagarmatha National Park entry fee
- Food & Fuel during the trek and expedition period
- North Face or similar quality high altitude tent for higher camps
- Single tent for each member, staffs, climbing Sherpa at the base camp
- 4/4 bottles of oxygen per member and guide with mask and regulator
- Staff: Base camp Guide, Cook, Cook helper
- Porters/Yaks to and from base camp
- One high altitude Sherpa for one climber (1:1) who assist you whilst on climbing and summit attempt as well as carries food and gears to high camps
- Government liaison officer, his insurance, daily allowance, equipment allowance and flight fares
- Flight fare for member and staff (Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu)
- Insurance, equipment allowance, wages and daily allowance for expedition staffs
- All camping equipment: sleeping tents, mattress, dining tent, toilet tent, mess tent, store tent, table & chairs and other necessary kitchen utensils whilst on trekking and expedition
- Group climbing equipment such as necessary fixed rope, ice screws, ice bars etc.
- First Aid kit bag, trekking map & duffel bag
- Solar panel at the base camp
- Restop toilet bag
- Satellite phone (Pay Call)
- Walkie Talkie for each staff and member
- Mountain cans cleaning at high camps
- Cargo transportation to supply the food and gears to Luklar and back
- All ground transportation
- Necessary documentation and governmental official paper work
- All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations
- Personal climbing gears
- Extra hotels in Kathmandu (after 5 nights)
- Personal climbing insurance which covers travel, medical, accident, evacuation etc.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter
- Applicable permit fees and custom charges for using communication equipment, commercial filming, satellite phone, radio etc.
- Carrying bonus + Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Bar and beverage bills
- Custom clearances in Kathmandu International airport
- Gratitude (tip) for the staff etc.