Sikkim- Darjeeling - Kalimpong Tour
Sikkim Tour packs in all the highlights Darjeeling and Sikkim the 'Queen of Hills" has to offer. After visiting the charming tea gardens and a dawn visit atop Tiger Hill we will drive through the lush Teesta valley to Gangtok the capital of Sikkim. Walk through the fascinating bazaar full of local products and produce in Gangtok. And above all visit Rumtek Monastery which is the present seat of the famous Karmapa Lama of the 'Black Hat' Kaygu sect of Tibetan Buddhism. A comprehensive tour for those looking for a short but comprehensive holiday.
Sikkim- Darjeeling - Kalimpong Tour Itinerary
Day 01: Fly Kathmandu to Biratnagar/Bhadrapur (50min): On arrival meet, assist and drive to Gantok (07-hrs approx.)
Day 02: Gangtok (1,600m): Visit Enchey Monastery, Deer Park, Government institute of Cottage Industry, Dodrul Chorten, Research Institute of Tobetology.Visit Rumtek Monastery, situated 24 kms this magnificent monastery was built by the late Gyalwa Karmapa, the head of the Kagyu sect.
Day 03: Gangtok-Lanchung (2,750mts/117km/6hours): Drive early morning to Lanchung, a small picturesque village surrounded by high snowcap peaks located in a valley in North Sikkim.
Day 04: Lanchung-Yumthang-Lanchung (3,500mts 25 kms): Drive after breakfast through conifer and rhododendron forest the drive an enjoyable experience. Packed lunch provided.
Day 05: Lanchung-Gangtok: Drive back to Gangtok.
Day 06: Gangtok-Pemayangtse (2,085m 117km/ 4 1/2 hrs): After breakfast drive through semi tropical forests. Cardamom plantation and village. Visit the Pemayanstse Monastery, situated adjacent to the hotel. This is a premier monastery of Sikkim built in the 17th century. O/N
Day 07: Pemayangtse-Khenchapladri lake-Pemayangtse (24kms/ 1 1/2hrs): After breakfast drive to Khenchapladri lake which is also known as the wishing lake, and is considered very sacred and no water sport or other activities besides prayer and worship are allowed around it. A short walk to Sangachholing Monastery (2km/45min) located on a hillock above the hotel. On a clear day the view of the mountain ranges is breathtaking.
Day 08: Emayangtse-Kalimpong (133 kms/5hrs): Full day sightseeing of Kalimpong town.
Day 09: Kalimpong to Biratnagar/Bhadrapur (150kms /4 hrs): After breakfast drive to Biratnagar/Bhadrapur airport and check in for your flight to Kathmandu
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 night hotel in Kathmandu and 2 night in pokhara
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu)
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- Airport departure tax (Rs. 170 per person)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu or Pokhara (Main city)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
If above itinerary couldn’t meet your needs, we can design a tailor-made trip to suit your needs. Please let us know whether you would like to make your trip shorter or longer.
We’d like to suggest you the following packages are extend your vacation before or after main trip.
- 2 Nights 3 Dayss Chitwan Jungle Safari
- Trisuli River Rafting
- Mount Everest Experience Flight (Mountain flight)