Simikot Kailash Trek
Simikot Kailash Trek is the adventure walking tour to the holy Mt. Kailash and Manasarovar Lake in the southern Tibet.
The journey of Simikot Kailash trek and tour starts from Simikot in the far western Nepal. Crossing the Nara La Pass and descending the Humla Karnali River before reaching the border village of Hilsa and Khojarnath. It is one of the most challenging trip to travel from Nepal to Tibet.
Mt. Kailash is a mysterious mountain for travelers. Mt. Kailash and Manasarovar Lake are the holy place for Hindus, Jain, Tibetan Buddhist and Bon followers. They perform the circular walk around the mountain which is called Parikrama or Kora. They believed by doing Kora will erase their all sins in life.
Drive to the region’s trading center at Taklakot (Purang). Green and wet monsoon weather changes to dry, cold and sunshine at the highland. The sky is deep blue with scattered cloud. From Taklakot drive to Manasarovar Lake and onward to Darchen. Walk around Mt. Kailash and drive back to the border and back to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival day at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu. Our office representative will be waiting for you. Transfer to the hotel in Kathmandu and short tour briefing. Rest and overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu city sightseeing tour and necessary Simikot Kailash tour preparation. Visit some of the historical places in Kathmandu such as Pashupati Nath temple, Swoyambhu Nath Stupa etc.
Day 03: Fly Kathmandu to Nepalgunj.
Day 04: Fly Nepalgunj to Simikot. Then begin trek to Dharapuri (2270m).
Day 05: Trek Dharapani to Kermi (2690m).
Day 06: Trek Kermi to Yangar (2990m).
Day 07: Trek Yangar to Torea (3380m).
Day 08: Trek Torea to Tharedunga (4100m).
Day 09: Trek Tharedunga to Sipsip (4300m).
Day 10: Trek Sipsip to Hilsa (Nepal Border) and Sher (Tibet Border). Drive to Purang (3800m).
Day 11: Drive to Lake Manasarovar.
Day 12: Drive to Darchen (4620m).
Day 13/14: Trek to Diraphuk and Zuthulphuk crossing Droma la Pass.
Day 15: Walk back to Darchen and drive to Lake Manasarovar.
Day 16: Drive to Paryang in about 7/8 hours.
Day 17: Drive to Saga in about 5/6 hours.
Day 18: Drive to Nyalam in about 7/8 hours.
Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu via Zhangmu (Tibet border) in about 7/8 hours.
Day 20: Departure day in Kathmandu.
- Private vehicle for airport transfer and drive in Nepal as per above itinerary
- Nice hotel accommodation with BB plan
- Teahouse or camp accommodation with full meal service during the tour
- Transfer in Tibet (Kailash) by land cruiser with a support truck
- Sherpa team with all camping equipment like Two-man tents, dining tent, kitchen tents toilet tent - Mattresses, sleeping bag, tables & stools, complete kitchen equipment & food supplies
- Daily fresh cooked meal (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trip.
- Porters/Yaks during Parikrama to carry luggage and equipment only
- Kailash permits, entrance fees in the monasteries, all sightseeing as per program
- A local English speaking Tibetan guide for Kailash Yatra
- Oxygen bottles or Gamow Bag
- Medical kit
- All service taxes
- Sightseeing cost in Kathmandu
- Your international home airfare
- Nepal tourist visa fee
- China/Tibet visa fees
- Nepal re-entry visa (except for Indian Passport holders)
- Travel insurance and rescue
- Extra hotel accommodation in any case
- Lunch and dinner
- Your personal expenses like bar, beverage, phone, laundry, mineral water etc.
- Photographic charges in the monasteries
- Tipping to drivers/Sherpa/guides
- Any costs arise or shortened itinerary due to landslides, political disturbance and strikes etc.
- Any other costs, whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.