Simikot Kailash Tour
Simikot Kailash Tour is adventure walking trip to travel the holy places in Tibet. The journey of Simikot Kailash tour starts from Simikot, cross a high pass at Nara La and descend to Humla Karnali River to reach the border village of Hilsa and Khojarnath. It is one of the most challenging trip to travel from Nepal to Tibet.
Mt. Kailash is a mysterious mountain for travelers. But for Buddhist, Hindus and Bonpo faithful it is the abode of God Shiva; it is their holy land. Kailash peak and Manasarover Lake are situated at 4500 meter above sea level; it is at the highest elevation on the Tibetan highland. It is the source of holy rivers of south Asia like Indus, Sutlej, Brahamaputra and Karnali. Despite it’s barren and dry features the lake and the mountain has magnetic power to devotees and visitors alike.
Drive to the region’s trading center at Taklakot (Purang). Green and wet monsoon weather changes to dry, cold and sunshine at the highland. The sky is deep blue with scattered cloud. From Taklakot drive to Manasarover Lake and onward to Darchen. Walk around Mt. Kailash and drive back to the border and back to Kathmandu.
Simikot Kailash Tour Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu, you are welcomed by hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel. Our airport representative will explain briefly the program.
Day 02: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to you for historical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Bhkatapur, pasupatinath, Boudhhanath, Kathmandu durbar square & Swaymbhunath(monkey temple) and prepare for the Simikot- kailash tour.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj on the southern border of Nepal.
Day 04: Fly to Simikot (2910m). Trek to Dharapuri (2,270m).
Day 05: Trek to Kermi (2,690m).
Day 06: Trek to Yangar (2,990m).
Day 07: Trek to Torea (3,380m).
Day 08: Trek to Tharedunga (4,100m).
Day 09: Trek to Sipsip (4,300m).
Day 10: Trek to Hilsa (Nepal Border & Sher (Tibet Border) Drive to Purang (3,800m).
Day 11: Drive to Lake Manasarovar.
Day 12: Drive to Darchen (4,620m).
Day 13/14: Trek to Driraphuk and Zutulphuk crossing Dromala Pass.
Day 15: Walk back to Darchen and drive to Lake Mansarovar .
Day 16: Drive to Paryang takes 7/8 hours.
Day 17: Drive to Saga takes about 5/6 hours.
Day 18: Drive to Nyalam takes about 7/8 hours.
Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu via Zhangmu(Tibet border) takes about 7/8 hours.
- Private vehicle for airport transfer and drive in Nepal as per above itinerary
- 3 night accommodation in 3 star hotels with BB plan in Kathmandu
- Transfer in Tibet (Kailash) by land cruiser with a support truck
- Domestic airfare as per itinerary
- Sherpa team with all camping equipments like Two-man tents, dining tent, kitchen tents toilet tent - Mattresses, sleeping bag, tables & stools, complete kitchen equipments & food supplies
- Daily fresh cooked meal (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trip.
- Porters/Yaks during Parikrama to carry luggage and equipments only
- Kailash permits, entrance fees in the monasteries, all sightseeing as per program
- China/Tibet visa fees
- A local English speaking Tibetan guide for Kailash Yatra
- Oxygen bottles or Gamow Bag
- Medical kit
- Photographic charges in the monasteries
- Nepal re-entry visa (except for Indian Passport holders)
- Tipping to drivers/Sherpas/guides
- Water bottles
- Rescue operation & insurance in any form
- Personal expenses such as bar bills, telephone calls, laundry etc.
- Any costs arise or shortened itinerary due to landslides, political disturbance and strikes etc
- Any other costs, whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost include