Yala Peak Climbing
Starting from: Kathmandu
Ending in: Kathmandu
Trekking Duration: 12 days
Grade: Moderate - Difficult
Maximum Altitude: 5520m
Transportation: Bus or Car
Mode of trekking tour: Teahouse or Camping
- Yala Peak Climbing Overview
Yala Peak Climbing is the popular Himalaya trekking and peak climbing in the Langtang region of Nepal. It is an easy peak climbing and suited for anyone with trekking experience but good physical fitness is necessary. Yala peak climbing offers excellent Himalayan views including the Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal, Naya Kanga peak, Gangchempo and Shishapangma.
Langtang valley trekking and the Yala peak climbing combination makes your trekking holidays very adventurous. Just north to the Kathmandu, this Yala peak is easily accessible and popular for peak climbing in Nepal.
Life Dream Adventure has successfully organized Yala Peak Climbing program many times. Yala Peak Climbing trip starts from Syabrubesi after 5 hour drive from Kathmandu and spend five days hiking up the beautiful Langtang valley to Kyanjin Gompa at 3800 m height. Kyanjin Gompa is situated below Langtang Lirung (7246 m) and we spend three days acclimatizing and taking day-hikes in spectacular surroundings. We set up base camp on a meadow at 4800 m and climb Yala Peak the next day. The last 400 m is on ice so we will be using crampons, ice axe and rope. From the Yala Peak summit we can see Shishapangma (8046 m) and the fluted Gangchempo (6388 m), Chulu East (6584m) Peak etc.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu. You will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel, Yala peak climbing briefing with official arrangements.
Day 02: At leisure in Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive, Kathmandu to Syabru Besi
Day 04: Syabru Besi to Lama Hotel (2480m)
Day 05: Lama Hotel to Langtang valley (3541m)
Day 06: Langtang valley to Kyangjin Gompa (3900m)
Day 07: Rest at Kyangjing Gompa
Day 08: Kyangjin Gompa to Yala Base Camp (5033 m.)
Day 09: Climb Yala Peak (5520m) and back to Kyangjin gompa
Day 10: Kyangjin Gompa to Ghora tabela
Day 11: Ghora Tabela to Syabru Besi
Day 12: Syabru Besi to Kathmandu
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara (3/4star)
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (necessary porters) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paperwork and permits (National park permit, TIMS) and climbing peak permit.
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
If the above itinerary couldn’t meet your needs, we can design a tailor-made trip to suit your needs. Please let us know whether you would like to make your trip shorter or longer.